Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tuesday, September 24

Jon is making such good progress, he should be ready to leave the rehab center by next Friday! I'm so happy about this because I really want him at home. As discharge approaches, we'll have a better sense of the kinds of supports he'll need.  I didn't attend his rehab sessions today, but Hans said he did great.

After spending the afternoon at the hospital, the kids and I left at 8:00 with no drama! Jon just asked what time I was coming tomorrow and wanted to check his rehab schedule. This is great because it demonstrates he is starting to have more insight about his condition and therapy.  Or, we tired him out so much, he was happy to see us go ;) The kids are unofficially un-invited for the next several days given the amount of trouble they get into. Thanks to Meredith for keeping me sane. Also, my iPhone fell into the toilet. I hope to get a new one tomorrow, but just know that I may we out of touch for the next day or so.

5 comments:

  1. Phones falling into toilets indicate high activity levels! It is wonderful to hear that he is getting a handle on what is actually going on - as far as his being away from you guys for periods of time. That has to be slightly less frustrating for him as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news. But no phone - Hope that is not just to avoid those anxious calls from Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! It sounds like amazing progress. Can't wait to see Jon back in SF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good stuff, aside from the toilet incident. you can try doing the rice trick, see if that works. http://osxdaily.com/2013/04/11/dropped-iphone-into-water-save-damage/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the Jon I know! Keep up the great progress! Getting Jon back home will be huge. We are all very happy!

    ReplyDelete