Saturday, September 28, 2013
Saturday, September 28
Guest writer, Jon Geilhufe: It is with great pleasure and a sense of impending accolades with which I take the helm of this sinking ship for a moment. Today, September 28th is the first day I've received any sordid details of the crash a few weeks ago. Who knows what happened. I hit another bicyclist who was in front of me doing something illegal. I haven't been in touch with him nor he with me. My new helmet is toast and my nice bike is tied up as "evidence" with the case. I don't recommend that anyone do a triathlon, or marathon, or any other sporting event for the matter, but more importantly, don't train for one. That's just ludicrous. Maybe you can go do a race if it doesn't require any training, as long as you win, which isn't that hard since most of the tri races are not very well attending. Your kids, wife, health insurance and friends will thank you. The aging 5K dude or try-guy is a cliche, right? I don't know why I'm doing it. Something to keep me young maybe. Pounding red bull and quoting Teen Wolf has not been enough for me apparently. Anyhow, I'd like to thank anyone and everyone who has come this far on the blog. I'll be here to race again soon, against all better judgement. I'll win, set course records and be an outspoken critic of all the hallowed things I believe in, like PEDs and technology. We aspire to update this very shortly with a race update. Godspeed!
Location:
Fruitdale, CA 95128, USA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This. Is. Awesome.
ReplyDeleteHey there Big Guy! Welcome Back to the Helm! Great to hear your voice and words again! Gringo Selway is super proud and is looking forward to seeing you soon! As you would say; "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun!"
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, Big Jon!!
ReplyDeleteHey Jon, great to hear you on here. The ship is not sinking, but rather mightily righted! Well done and we'll see you soon :)
ReplyDeleteThe ship is not sinking - the sails are rising! Good to hear from you, dear one!!!
ReplyDeleteWow; what a wonderful and witty writer Jon is!!!
ReplyDeleteCoach Finstock: Look Scotty, I know what you're going through. Couple years back, a kid came to me much the same way you're coming to me now, saying the same thing that you're saying. He wanted to drop off the team. His mother was a widow, all crippled up. She was scrubbing floors. She had this pin in her hip. So he wanted to drop basketball and get a job. Now these were poor people, these were hungry people with real problems. Understand what I'm saying?
ReplyDeleteScott Howard: What happened to the kid?
Coach Finstock: I don't know. He quit. He was a third stringer, I didn't need him.
(teen wolf quote)
Jon, we are all excited to hear your updates! You are the best guest writer anyone could hope for! So great to "hear" your voice. ~Allison
ReplyDeletei love this blog post. :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome! You have come so far. Keep up the hard work, hopefully home soon!
ReplyDeleteWow, great to see a post from you Jon. And so eloquent! :-)
ReplyDelete