Friday, September 20, 2013
Friday, September 20
Jon moved to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in San Jose today. A dozen doctors/nurses/therapists assessed him when he arrived. They seem like a great team! After the weekend, we'll have a better sense of his treatment plan and goals. Unfortunately, he does not understand why he is there (he still refers to the accident as "alleged") and really wants to leave. It was pretty heartbreaking when I talked to him tonight and he wondered why I checked out of the hotel early and whether we still had our house. He'll start with 5 hours of therapy a day -- which will hopefully keep him busy and tire him out. Once I have a better understanding of his schedule, I'll let you all know the best times to visit. I'm sure he'll appreciate visitors!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hoping for the best now with Jon's treatment plan and therapy! Thinking about Jon and all of you often.
ReplyDeletehang in there Ellie. you are such a trooper. thinking of you all and sending good thoughts...!! :)
ReplyDeleteI am glad he is with such a great team and all the therapy he will get there has me optimistic! Sending positive thoughts and love to all of you! Xo, Al
ReplyDeleteI know that broke your heart. It broke mine. Hopefully getting on a set daily and therapy schedule can be explained as the "work" he does now and has to complete before he comes home. His progress is AWESOME, but that doesn't mean this doesn't hurt your heart.
ReplyDelete